Welcome to OWS
Offshore Weather Services is the first choice for many drilling and production operators in Asia and Australasia.
OWS can help minimise downtime in your coastal and offshore operations utilising a number of our services including:
- Site Specific and Route Weather Forecasts
- Tropical Cyclone Warnings
- Climatic & Oceanographic Studies
- Downtime / Operability Studies
- Agrivoltaic system: when solar panels and farming meet
The practice of co-locating solar panel (photovoltaic) infrastructure and agriculture by planting crops under the shade of solar panels is called agrivoltaics. Greg Barron-Gafford,...
- BoM Northern Rainfall Onset—25 July 2019
The Bureau of Meteorology predicts a late rainfall onset is likely for much of northern Australia for 2019-2020 The BoM northern rainfall onset outlook gives an indication of wheth...
- 2019 NW Pacific Tropical Cyclone Season Outlook
The 2019 Tropical Cyclone Season in the Northwest Pacific indicate 22 tropical cyclones in the region, which close to the long term (1970‐2016) average. The consensus of temperatu...
- Oil drilling team praised for rescuing dog from sea
The story of the dog rescued from sea by an oil drilling team become viral. Not surprising, as it is one of the most incredible story I have witnessed whilst working offshore as an...