Welcome to OWS
Offshore Weather Services is the first choice for many drilling and production operators in Asia and Australasia.
OWS can help minimise downtime in your coastal and offshore operations utilising a number of our services including:
- Site Specific and Route Weather Forecasts
- Tropical Cyclone Warnings
- Climatic & Oceanographic Studies
- Downtime / Operability Studies
- Tropical Low over Bonaparte Gulf intensifying to Cat1 Tropical Cyclone off Broome on Friday
Tropical Low OWS06S18 has developed SE the Bonaparte Gulf and is expected to track southwest and slowly intensify as it remains over land in the northern Kimberley. TL OWS06S18 is...
- Drought Statement – 7 February 2018
According to the BoM latest Drought Statement, above average rainfall for Western Australia eases deficiencies across WA but remain along the coast of Pilbara and Gascoyne. It is a...
- What Happens When a Plane is Struck by Lightning
In Australia, about 10 people die each year from lightning strikes. A hundred more gets injured each year. To be safe, at the first signs of visual lightning or audible thunder...
- SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON, A RARE TRILOGY OF MOON CYCLES OCCURS JAN. 31
Three moon cycles will line up over Australia on Jan 31. A supermoon, a total lunar eclipse, and a blue moon converge for a celestial view that will produce a bright, red moon. Th...